Director Supply Chain
The Director, Supply Chain will be responsible for directing and managing the material supply chain group assuring the efficient and effective flow of material, components, subassemblies and finished products. Direct management of the material supply chain group including the activities related to planning, purchasing, supplier relationship, and inventory management & control. Position reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage, coach, and direct the material planning, purchasing and raw material inventory control functions.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and development of the materials supply chain group.
- Provide direction, establish priorities, and communicate expectations for members within the supply chain group.
- Create and maintain a strong team culture where team members are informed, involved, and engaged.
- Manage the supplier base to assure a competitive environment leading to long term establishment of relationships/partnerships with the right suppliers minimizing risk to the business.
- Responsible for Supply Chain talent development, utilization, and retention.
- Develop and implement new policies and practices that will ensure timely and economical delivery of components, assemblies, and finished goods.
- Take a leadership role as the change agent for the group and business.
- Responsible for overall business results of the materials supply chain as measured by cost, quality, response and meeting internal/external customer expectations.
- Assure flawless execution of the material supply chain.
- Seek out, quantify, and develop opportunities for supply chain and operations process improvement
- Effectively leverage and optimize cross-functional resources and teams.
- Utilize systems orientation skills and abilities to understand system capabilities, diagnose and identify root cause of supply chain related issues, recommend solutions and implement corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain inventory control systems to track status of purchase orders, inventory levels, and production requirements.
- Coordinate with purchasing, manufacturing, and engineering to ensure adequate supply and efficient movement of materials.
- Direct the overall purchasing function, including managerial administrative responsibilities.
- Oversee the purchasing of maintenance, repair and operating supplies and services necessary for operation.
- Proactively communicate with Manufacturing Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service finished goods inventory and/or material related issues that could delay product delivery or impact the normal flow of product to the customer.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as directed by Senior Management.
Click on Learn More to view the full position description.
Learn More | Apply for This Position