Apply for: District Sales Manager
Please complete the form below to apply for this position. All information is required.
Career Opportunities at Congoleum
District Sales Manager
Position Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Position is responsible for the attainment of predetermined territorial sales goals while maintaining expenses within budget guidelines. This is accomplished through the development and implementation of sales generating programs, and the direct selling efforts, which fulfill the needs of the manager’s respective market. The primary vehicle to accomplish the sales goals would be by selling to, developing new customers and providing sales support to existing customers through Congoleum distributors. Sales support would include, but not limited to, the following:
- Regularly trains and travels with the Distributor Sales Representative to ensure effectiveness in the marketplace with 3 or more years of experience in the home building industry;
- Hold periodic sales meetings with Distributor Sales Representatives for educational and motivational purposes.
- Provide information and perform demonstrations of proper installation techniques for new products;
- Act as the Congoleum representative at area trade shows and at special Distributor sales.
- Responsible for identifying key retailers calling on, selling to, and developing strategies to ensure increased Congoleum business;
- Responsible for the effective sample and literature updating of key installed retailers in his/her territory;
- Make major display program presentations to key retailers;
- Provide assistance to distributors in the construction and/or assembly of product displays within the sales territory;
- Handle and inspect consumer complaints within the territory inclusive of home inspections and the preparation of documentation detailing inspection results as requested by Congoleum Consumer Affairs;
- Make recommendations/suggestions to Distributor Management in regard to changes needed in sales coverage, inclusive of changes in sales territory or the addition of new sales territories.
- In addition to the sales support function, the position is also responsible for various administrative duties, which include, but not limited to, the following:
- Respond to home office request
- Submit weekly expense reports
- Submit Monthly Business Report detailing various marketing feedback on distributors, retailers, and competitive activity.
- Position works under general supervision with established guidelines and policies, but requires creative and innovative approaches to fulfill the individual needs of the manager’s respective territory.
- Spends approximately 75% of his/her time traveling the territory making sales calls.
- Must be able to lift and handle a cartons that weigh up to 45 pounds per carton.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time during training seminars and floorshows.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, and lift and hold objects above the head during the assembly of product displays.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, crawl, and manipulate objects during training and demonstrations of proper installation techniques of flooring products.
- Must be able to handle and use hand-held power tools to assemble product displays.
Must be able to service various types of customers and increase their current sales and service levels.
Apply for This Position
Position Reports to Director Engineering
Role / Responsibilities:
- Position is to be located at Congoleum Technical Operations Center in Hamilton, N.J.
- Candidate will be responsible for leading new technology and/or new product development projects for next-generation flooring products
- Candidate will be responsible for plant trials and plant support
- Education: BS/MS in Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 yrs. experience working in flooring / flooring related / polymers / coatings industries
- Ideally, candidate has supervisory experience and is familiar with working in a union environment.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma expertise and certification (Value Stream Mapping, lead Kaizen events, evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems, coaching and mentoring).
- Evaluate existing processes and configure manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production efficiencies, yields and reducing costs (Drive OEE).
- Develop innovative solutions to process problems.
- Candidate has “hands on” experience in a manufacturing environment and interfaces well with manufacturing leadership and teams.
- Expertise and understanding of polymer chemistry
- Candidate is self-motivated / driven to complete projects and can lead a project group, contribute as an individual or participate in a team environment.
- Improve process capability while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Develop prototypes. Prepare samples for study.
- Collect, record, and transcribe data in organized fashion. Show results in reports.
- Maintain testing equipment.
- Perform new color and raw material testing.
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of production process.
- Provide suggestions during incident investigations.
- Advise on corrective actions.
- Research and purchase new manufacturing technology.
- Track record for novel new product development
- Eager to learn new technologies
Apply for This Position
- BS, MS, PhD in Chemical Engineering
- 10 years’ experience with chemical company (e.g. P&G, J&J, DOW, BASF, etc.) in R&D role.
- Experience in process engineering.
- Natural leader, team builder,
- Risk Taker
- Hands-on roll up the sleeves type of person willing to spend time in the plants.
- Accomplished engineer and executive adept in developing and launching commercially and technically successful products.
- R&D background complimented by ability to find solutions to consumer needs.
- Adept at creating and combining new technologies with innovative business development strategies.
- Skilled at integrating technical planning, engineering, and product launches to develop strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Knowledge/experience in industries such as building materials, laminates, aerospace, energy, and composites.
- Knowledge of laminate and/or paper making chemistries and technologies is a plus.
- Proactively utilize synergies across complimentary or contesting industries.
- Utilization and coordination of 3rd party resources to provide catalyst to jump start product development efforts.
- Specialties: materials development, coatings technology, composites, ceramics, plastics; thermal processing; web processing; product development; Stage Gate; business development; technical marketing.
Apply for This Position