It is the policy of Congoleum Corporation to conduct its operations in a manner that is environmentally responsible and befitting of a good corporate neighbor and citizen. To further this policy Congoleum Corporation will:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations and expect suppliers to do the same.
- Adopt and present responsible and consistent positions to the government and the public concerning environmental matters.
- Reduce to the maximum practical extent, the environmental impact of our processes though energy management, material selection, pollution prevention, recycling, and through treatment and control technologies.
- Consider environmental impact in the design of new products.
- Effectively communicate to all stakeholders the Corporation’s commitment to environmental stewardship.
- Periodically review and demonstrate continuous improvement in the Corporation’s environmental performance, including areas not subject to regulations
- Act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger the environment. Report incidents to authorities as required, and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Every employee and every contractor on Congoleum premises is expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental concern to Congoleum management. Managers are expected to take prompt action.
- Regularly review and demonstrate compliance with this policy.