General Warranty Information
All Congoleum Residential and Commercial Flooring Warranties:
- Cover only first quality materials purchased after June 1, 2015.
- Are not transferable.
- Apply to normal residential applications only. The Five-Year Commercial Limited Warranty applies if the product is used in a commercial application.
- For a floor to `wear out` is defined as the absence of the wearlayer and printed design due to normal household use. Scratching is not `wear out`.
- `Permanent scuff marks` is defined as non-removable marks made on the surface of the wearlayer by shoe soles. Loss of gloss, scratches and dulling are not considered scuffs and are excluded.
- If covered under these warranties, only one replacement floor will be provided for discoloration from mold, mildew and alkali, staining, wear out, fading, scuffing, rips, tears or gouges. The replacement floor will not be warranted against future mold, mildew and alkali, staining, wear out, fading, scuffing, rips, tears or gouges.
- Products covered with an indent warranty will only be covered if adequate furniture floor protectors are used. The size of the protector should be in proportion to the weight of the furniture; the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be.
Exclusions: What's Not Covered
- Problems due to improper installation, non-recommended subflooring or improper subfloor preparation, improper floor care and installation products, or failure to follow maintenance recommendations.
- Change of gloss level, dulling, scratching, cutting, chipping, breakage or grout staining.
- Problems due to accidents, abuse, or improper usage. Some examples are: damage from moving appliances or sliding of furniture without adequate protection, rolling casters on furniture, appliance and plumbing leaks, rotating beater bars on vacuum cleaners, damage caused by heat from steam cleaning devices, dropping of heavy or sharp objects, and damage or discoloration from burns or fire.
- Problems due to extreme temperatures or fading from sunlight.
- Problems due to installation in unheated rooms.
- Color or design variations from samples and literature.
- Problems due to excessive moisture or water leaks and floods.
- Damage occurring during renovation or construction.
- Use of floor mats that are not labeled “nonstaining”.
- Labor on non-professionally installed floors or material that is professionally installed with obvious visible defects.
- Seam separation Unless specifically stated as being covered in these warranties, the following items are not covered.
- Permanent scuffs.
- Stains or discoloration.
- Rips, tears, gouges, or indentations.
If your Congoleum floor fails to perform under the conditions of the applicable limited warranty within the warranty period, Congoleum will at its option repair the defective area(s) or supply new Congoleum material of the same color, design, and grade, if available; if unavailable or discontinued, Congoleum reserves the right to select and supply similar Congoleum materials. After corrective action is taken on an existing defect, you will continue to receive warranty coverage for the remaining period of your original warranty unless indicated otherwise.
Consequential Or Incidental Damages
Congoleum excludes and will not pay consequential or incidental damages under these limited warranties. By this we mean that Congoleum will not cover or pay for any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Some examples of consequential or incidental damages are: replacement of subfloors, trim moldings, disconnecting/reconnecting appliances or fixtures, or moving of furniture. If flooring was installed in a commercial application, this means that Congoleum will not cover or pay for any loss, expense, damage or loss of profit arising from inability to use the floor or premises because of a defect in the flooring.
There are no implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular use, extending beyond the limited warranties available under this plan.
Please Note: Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply.
Your Legal Rights
These limited warranties give you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state, except for these other rights, the remedies provided in the above warranties state the limit of Congoleum's responsibility. No representative, employee, or agent of Congoleum is authorized to modify or change the limited warranties as stated herein.
If you have any questions regarding your new Congoleum floor, need additional maintenance information or require any other assistance, please call Congoleum Consumer Information at 609-584-3000, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. or use the “Contact Us” form. Thank you for choosing Congoleum.
How to Make a Claim
If you find a defect or other matter covered by any of the limited warranties described previously, the retailer who sold the floor covering material should be notified in writing promptly and must be supplied proof-of-purchase. The correspondence with the retailer should include the product purchased, the amount purchased, installation costs (if applicable) and the date of purchase. If necessary, the retailer will then notify a Congoleum representative who will review the claim or arrange for inspection of the floor. The normal time period for review or inspection after the claim has been filed with Congoleum is within 60 days.
If you are unable to contact your retailer, write to us at: Congoleum, Dept. C, 3500 Quakerbridge Rd, Mercerville, NJ 08619, USA. Proof of purchase must be provided with correspondence.